Friday, February 22, 2008

Mostly Homemade

Ok, maybe it should be somewhat homemade. I wanted to try out this lovely frozen package of ravioli that proudly proclaimed VEGAN on the front cover. This is my combination of veggies and a tich of Boca burger crumbles with the ravioli's under a light dusting of vegan parm. It wasnt bad on a whole but the texture of the ravioli filling was not to my liking. Nor was the flavor combination. But I tried it out!


Next I made a stir fry. Mind you, I eat a lot, and I do mean a LOT, of stir fry at the work cafeteria. But I wanted to whip one up with my favorite veggies instead of a small limited array. This included onions, carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, snow peas and bean sprouts. I also did a brief fry on the tofu before I got to the serious veggie cooking. A tich of chili oil and some black bean paste and it turned out delish. I topped mine with green onions and tomato slices. So good, I had two plates.



We are trying to eat healthy here now that the winter pudge has become noticeable. So many of our meals have now included raw baby carrots and spinach as a side. It is nice, filling and easy to keep around. Thats all for the last week. Today I have several things in the works but that is for another post!

2 comments:

J said...

This all sounds and looks wonderful! Pasta and stir-fries are a great way to get a lot of nutritious, low calorie, low fat, high fiber veggies into your meals. You hardly realize that you are essentially just eating veggies and pasta/rice, and you end up so full!

I think the winter pudge gets us all. With the weather being so cold, we have every excuse to get in the kitchen, have the oven on, and BAKE!

:-)

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i love stir fry!