Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Playing catch up

I wish I could say things have been exciting and so busy that I have simply not had time to blog. Unfortunately, that is not quite true. What did happen? We came down with super icky colds. Let me just recap what has been cooking.


Several weeks ago my best friend had a birthday! Yay! I made her a chocolate cake. Not just any old cake but two batches of VCTOTW basic chocolate cupcakes, put in a 9" round pan with parchment lining the bottom. One had chocolate chips and the other was just basic with a dash of cinnamon. I then made the Chocolate Ganache and let it set up in the freezer in one of the pans. A double batch of Cream Cheese frosting and the whole thing weighed 10 pounds! I will upload the pic of the slice I got soon as I find my camera connection cord.

It was the night of the cake delivery that people started dropping like over ripe fruit from the tree. C was violently ill all night and the next morning the birthday girl M was just as sick. We stayed away but my hubby LB got it anyways. I came down with it this past weekend.

We have been eating simple and easy foods. Rice, soup, blueberry cobbler. I went so far as to make burritos one night. They turned out lovely but were pretty basic. We had a nice breakfast on Saturday of Peach Pancakes. Surely I am forgetting something, but right now I cannot remember much of the past week.

There is no time this week for being sick though. We have an awesome event to attend on Friday. For which I have to plan, prepare, package and drag along food for me. Not a problem but my fridge needs cleaning and I do not feel like it. Also I fear the hotel we are staying at does not have a min fridge or microwave in the room. So now I am limited even more. The good news is that I still have 5 peaches to use up tonight some hopefully you will hear more from me tomorrow, with pictures!

2 comments:

J said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Hopefully you'll start to feel better before your shindig on Friday! :-)

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

hope you start feelin better soon.