Thursday, January 3, 2008

Promised Pictures and an appetizing array.

At the end of December I was cooking and baking up a storm. Promises of pics were made. And yes, I will now provide said promised images of such goodness.

Our brunch from VWaV

Bread made into small savory loaves

Cinnamon Swirl Bread that made awesome Fronch Toast for Angel and I.

Banana Bonanza Bread. This was awesome in a large loaf form. I need to make it this way more often since I prefer it over the little loaves or muffins that I normally make (in an attempt at portion control).

Basic Chocolate Cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting. I would have prefered cream cheese but LB loved these.

Lasagna, sorry, leftovers was all I got a picture of. Man that was good stuff!




And now, some recent foods!

Breaded Tofu Fillets.
Marinate firm tofu in Malt Vinegar and Dulse powder with a splash of lemon for 15 minutes to 4 hours. Mix a batter of 50/50 beer to flour. Dip the slices in the batter and then into bread crumbs. I baked mine at 350 for 20 min each side but you could easily fry these fillets up nicely. Went well with some veganaise doctored with minced pickles, lemon, paprika and garlic.



Tonight's dinner was so awesome, I overate hugely. Just look at that plate. Ugh!

Chickpea Cutlets, that I actually measured the ingredients for! Yay! (Ok, so I only measured because I quadrupled the recipe, hush! At least this time I did measure.) Mashed potatoes, peas, brown mushroom gravy, garlic roasted brussel sprouts and a roll with Earth Balance.


So yummy, now I must fall into a chickpea induced coma... erm, sleep I mean!

2 comments:

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

holy crap i wanna live with you! all that yummy bread and WHOA! that last pic of the cutlets, mashed potatoes smothered in gravy! Just my kinda eats.

Calimaryn said...

Thanks! Two of those little loaves made the bread crumbs for my cutlets. Turned out nummy. Especially when I had a leftover cutlet this morning for breakfast in a bagel.

You are welcome anytime. I have to be honest though, it was canned gravy but it did taste great.