Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chickpea Salad

Lunch today was simple and light, just right for the first truly beautiful and warm New England day.

Chickpea Salad on a Chibatta roll with cauliflower and whole grain chips. Sparkling Grapefruit Izze was to wash it all down.

Now this sandwich spread is so easy, light and yet full of nutrition and taste. I wish I had measured this but alas I was also making another recipe for a mixed bean salad and just sort of boshed things together as I went.

Roughly this is one can of chickpeas (drained, rinsed and then mashed), minced onion, diced celery, veganaise, dill relish, tiny splash of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, Hungarian Paprika, dill seed, dry mustard and salt. Once this is all together I placed a healthy scoop on a fresh roll and put a handful of baby spinach on top. So yummy. Though the spread does kind of gush out if you put too much on, so dont do that! Not that I know this for a fact or anything. *cough*

Alternatively you could put this in a tortilla, in a lettuce wrap, on salad, as a dip for crudities, on chips or even just eaten with your fingers. I mean spoon, with a spoon!

Now I have to go get another sammich. nom nom nom

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This sounds great, actually similar to the tuno salad but without seaweed :-)